May 7, 2012 update: Not long after the Public Ledger showed a routing (see May 5th update below) for Cobb’s Creek GC, the Philadelphia Inquirer on May 16, 1915 published a similar figure. The main difference being the par 3 14th hole appears to have the green moved and the hole stretched to 175 yards. […]
Cinco de Mayo, 2012 update: Below is the original routing at Cobb’s Creek GC from the April 11, 1915 edition of the Philadelphia Public Ledger.
May 4, 2012 update: In the summer of 2008 the Friends of Cobb’s Creek Golf Course met with Til De Palma, probably the oldest living person familiar with the Cobb’s Creek Golf Course. He caddied there as a youngster in the 20s. You’ll hear him describe many aspects of his days there, including caddying for […]
May 2, 2012 update: Late last year a friend sent pictures (here and here) of two Cobb’s Creek tags he owns (from 1934 issued by the Commissioners of Fairmount Park).
April 26, 2012 update: A century ago, Philadelphia’s golf leaders believed that building exceptionally challenging golf courses would help develop top competitive golfers in the region, which led to the creation of Merion East, Pine Valley, and… Cobb’s Creek. Read the amazing history of the course that in its time was viewed as the best […]