Cobb's HistoryCobb's News

Army AAA Gun Site program aerial

June 1, 2012 update:  The reason part of Cobb’s Creek GC changed dramatically was due to the installation of an Army AAA (Anti-Aircraft Artillery) Gun Site Program (a precursor to the Nike missile defense program) in 1953 on the corner of the course where the current City Line Avenue driving range sits.  Below are two aerials from 1958, one with the base present (June), then later removed (September).